My Top 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville
Over the past few years, Asheville has received national level press as a tourist destination, and for good reason.
After living here for a few years, here are my top 5 reasons to visit Asheville.
1. The Food-
You almost can’t go wrong eating here(as long as you eat at an independent restaurant and not a chain). If a place is bad it won’t stay in business and if it’s good, it will thrive. Two of the restaurants I mention were once food trucks who had amazing food. I’ve had so much good food in this town, it’s hard to list all of the options, but a few of my favorites (with my favorite dish in parenthesis) are Nine Mile(anything), 12 Bones(anything), Taco Billy(The Support Group taco), Gypsy Queen(Chicken Shwarma), Little Bee Thai (Pad Thai) and Sunny Point(breakfast sandwich or pimento cheese sandwich & their bacon). There are also places with unique atmospheres and great snack options, such as French Broad Chocolate Lounge(anything), Dobra Tea(anything), and Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne Bar.
2. The Art-
Asheville’s River Arts District (RAD) is
a one mile area between downtown and Biltmore Village, along the French Broad River. Twenty two buildings, mostly converted warehouses, are art studios and galleries and have over 200 working artists creating work in nearly 20 mediums including jewelry, textiles, painting, encaustic, ceramics, and more. You could spend an afternoon or 3 days just looking at art. For a list of artists and hours visit here.
The mountains, rivers, streams, Blue Ridge Parkway, and more are all so close by. There are countless stunning views and waterfalls galore within
a 2 hour drive of Asheville. There are so many options so close you can take day trips, go up to the Parkway for sunset, or take morning hike and be back in time for lunch.
4. The People-
Asheville is a great community of supportive people, most who have chosen to move here. People are generally open minded, accepting, and are pretty comfortable with themselves and various kinds of people, so there’s not a lot of drama. We’re known for being weird and we work that angle often. You’ll see flavors of this when walking around downtown.
5. The Vibe-
Asheville resides on a massive bed of quartz in one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and has the world’s second oldest river (French Broad) running through it. As a result, there’s an energizing and healing vibe here. It’s not something you can explain really. This helps understand why so many highly creative and holistically
minded folks are drawn here and part of what makes it a hot bed of creativity, healing, and beauty.
For more information on Asheville check out Explore Asheville, NC | Visit Asheville, NC’s Official Tourism Web Site
Five Reasons to Host a Jewelry Party with Jen Aly Designs
5) Boost your holiday budget. Receive credit for jewelry to use for gifts for yourself or loved ones. Or raise money for a cause you believe in.
4) You’re an activist by supporting a local, independent artist. You’ll support your local economy and know your money is supporting a female business owner.
3) Get your style on. Try on new designs that stretch you and express who you are today. Gain a fresh perspective on what works for you and get immediate feedback from women you trust.
2) Begin co-creating new designs with me that you’ve been looking for and/or that have gemstones with qualities that support you in remembering your intention (prosperity, passion, energy, peace, etc.) Often I can create them on the spot!
1) You’ll have fun and create a space for your friends to have fun together. There’s no substitute for spending time with girlfriends in person. Chatting on social media sites can only take you so far!
Home Jewelry Parties: Host a party…get credit for jewelry!
Step 1: Click here to call or e-mail Jen to learn more and book a date.
Step 2: Receive an e-mail with all you need.
Step 3: Invite friends.
Step 4: Host party and receive immediate credit for Jen Aly Designs jewelry.
1) Gems with Tea- A late afternoon party with tea and “crackers”
2) Gems with Dessert- An evening party with sweets